Samsung Returns Policy
(LED, LCD, Plasma TV AND TV Accessories)(FOR USE IN A DOMESTIC, NOT A COMMERCIAL ENVIRONMENT)
If the Samsung product you have received is dead on arrival, and/or you have any queries about a return or replacement, please call our Customer Care team on 0800 728 728.
In the case of a product fault within the warranty period as detailed below, please call Samsung directly on 0800 SAMSUNG (0800 726 786) for assistance with trouble shooting and warranty claims.
PART I GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act (1993) as well as other laws in the jurisdiction guarantee certain conditions, warranties and undertakings, and give you other legal rights, in relation to the quality and fitness for purpose of Samsung consumer products sold in New Zealand.
For products sold in New Zealand, these guarantees cannot be modified nor excluded by any contract, except in those circumstances contemplated by section 43(2) of the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act.
You are entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality. You are also entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure of the goods and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. What constitutes a major failure is an objective test of reasonableness and not necessarily an individual consumer's point of view.
Nothing in this Warranty purports to modify or exclude the conditions, warranties and undertakings, and other legal rights, under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act and other laws. This Warranty gives you additional protection for your Samsung consumer product, and identifies a preferred approach to resolving warranty claims which will be quickest and simplest for all parties, subject to the exclusions, terms and conditions below.
- Coverage and Application
- Samsung Electronics New Zealand Limited of 24 The Warehouse Way, Northcote, Auckland 0627 ("Samsung") warrants that your Samsung consumer product:
- is of acceptable quality;
- does not have a latent defect.
- For the purpose of this Warranty, a "Samsung consumer product" is a hardware product which:
- was manufactured by or on behalf of Samsung; and
- is used in a normal domestic environment, not a commercial environment; and
- bears a trade mark owned or used by Samsung (generally "SAMSUNG"); and
- was sold by an Authorised Reseller or Distributor of Samsung; and
- was purchased in New Zealand,
- The period during which this Warranty is in effect will depend upon the Samsung consumer product to which it relates. In all cases the commencement date for the period is the actual day of purchase, as reflected on the Authorised Reseller's or Distributor's invoice / receipt provided to you. The period during which each Samsung consumer product which is the subject of this Warranty is covered by this Warranty is identified in Part II of this Warranty.
- If you consider that the Samsung consumer product which you have purchased is not of acceptable quality, has a latent defect, or is otherwise not compliant with the conditions, warranties, undertakings, and legal rights given to you under New Zealand Law (for example, it appears faulty, or does not work at all or properly), you can make a claim under this Warranty.
- Except where an International Product Warranty has been provided with your Samsung consumer product, warranty service will only be provided in the specific country where the Samsung consumer product was originally purchased. For example, if you have purchased the Samsung product within New Zealand, warranty service will be limited to New Zealand only.
- If you purchased this product in New Zealand and wish to make a claim under this Warranty, you should:
- contact 0800 SAMSUNG (726786);
- visit the nearest Samsung Customer Service Plaza; or
- visit www.samsung.com/nz.
PRODUCT ONLINE REGISTRATION
You can register your product online at www.samsung.com/nz for customers in New Zealand. While registration is not necessary to make a claim under this Warranty, it may assist Samsung to process any claim which you may make more quickly.
- When you make any claim under this Warranty it is essential that you provide a copy of your proof of purchase of the Samsung consumer product, whether in person, by email or by fax. A claim under this Warranty is not formally made unless and until that proof of purchase is provided. This does not detract from your statutory rights.
- You will not be able to gain the benefit of this Warranty without making a claim. A claim must be made within the Warranty Period. This Warranty does not cover any defects not notified to Samsung within the Warranty Period
- If, following receipt of a claim under this Warranty, Samsung or its agent determine that your claim in respect of a Samsung consumer product is valid (having regard to the terms of Part II of this Warranty), and:
- if the goods can be repaired and the failure to comply with the warranty is not a major failure or a failure of substantial character, Samsung or its agent will either repair the Samsung consumer product or, if authorised by Samsung, pay you for the cost of a repair of the Samsung consumer product, or replace the Samsung consumer product with the same or similar product or refund you the cost of a replacement, in each case depending upon what is reasonable in the circumstances and at no cost to you. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type with equal or greater functionality rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods; or
- if the goods cannot be repaired or the failure to comply with the warranty is a major failure or a failure of substantial character, you may reject the goods or require Samsung to pay you compensation for any reduction in the value of the goods below the price paid or payable by you for the goods.
The standard Samsung Warranty periods are set out by product in the tables in Part II of this Warranty, although each claim is assessed on its own merits. If Samsung provides you with either a replacement or refund, you immediately transfer ownership in the original Samsung consumer product or part to Samsung. If Samsung repairs the goods, you immediately transfer ownership in any residual parts to Samsung. Any such resolution by Samsung of a claim under this Warranty by you does not otherwise detract from any other statutory rights which you might have in the circumstances, including your right to monetary compensation for a valid claim.
- If, following receipt of a claim under this Warranty, Samsung or its agent determine that your claim in respect of a Samsung consumer product is invalid, Samsung may charge you for any labour, parts or transport costs incurred by Samsung or its agent in assessing your claim.
- This Warranty is transferable to a subsequent owner of a Samsung consumer product, in the event of the sale of that product, provided that Samsung is informed in writing within a reasonable time of the sale of the subsequent owner's name and contact details, such notice to be provided to Samsung as follows:
- www.samsung.com/nz - for customers in New Zealand.
- In cases of authorised product or part replacement of the original purchased Samsung product, the replacement Samsung product or part will be covered for the remainder of the original Warranty Period.
- If you wish to make a claim in relation to a Samsung consumer product which you can reasonably transport to the nearest Samsung Customer Service Plaza or to an authorised repair service centre (as directed when you first make the claim under this Warranty), please bring, or send, that Samsung consumer product to that nearest Plaza or authorised service centre for assessment. Such Samsung consumer products do not include those products dealt with in sub-paragraph (B). Samsung will organise the transport of a Samsung Consumer Product under this sub-paragraph, the cost of which will be borne by Samsung if your claim is determined to be valid pursuant to Part I of this Warranty. Whenever possible, the product should be returned in its original carton and packing or alternatively in packing suitable to prevent damage to the product. Samsung will not accept responsibility for damage to the product during this transport caused by unsuitable or inadequate packing.
- If you make a claim under this Warranty in relation to a Samsung consumer product of the type referred to in sub-paragraph (C), Samsung or its agent will send Authorised Samsung Service Personnel to the place where that Samsung consumer product is located to assess the warranty claim and, if necessary repair, the product on-site, at Samsung's cost.
- On-site service is limited to both colour televisions and display monitors with a screen size of 33 inches or more.
If this Samsung consumer product is located in a place which is greater than 50 kilometres (by road) from the nearest Samsung Customer Service Plaza or authorised repair service outlet, Samsung will liaise with you to determine the best way in which to inspect and, if necessary, repair the product the subject of the claim under this Warranty.
- With any on-site visit, while Samsung will make all efforts to fix the Samsung consumer product on-site, there may be instances when the product must be taken back to a Samsung Customer Service Plaza or to an authorised repair service centre for further testing. In these circumstances, you agree to let any designated Authorised Samsung Service Personnel pick up and take the product for further testing, at the cost of Samsung.
- This section identifies what is excluded under this Warranty.
- For the avoidance of any doubt, any and all warranties or conditions which are not guaranteed under t the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act (as applicable) and which are not expressly included in this Warranty as additional warranties or conditions are excluded.
- This Warranty does not extend to loss caused by normal wear and tear, fire, water (liquid spillage or ingression), theft, vermin or insect infestation.
- This Warranty does not cover damage caused by:
- misuse or abusive use of the Samsung consumer product;
- incorrect operation or not following the operation instructions (as stated in the Product Operation Manual or manufacturer's instructions provided with the Samsung consumer product);
- improper installation;
- incorrect or improper maintenance or failure to maintain the Samsung consumer product;
- failure to clean or improper cleaning of the product;
- incorrect voltage or non-authorised electrical connections;
- adverse external conditions such as power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, acts of God, acts of terrorism, damage caused by vermin, or any other act or circumstance beyond Samsung's control;
- exposure to excessive heat, moisture or dampness;
- exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions;
- use of non authorised/non-standard, defective or incompatible parts;
- password setting/ resetting and computer virus;
- burned-in images resulting from viewing an image on the display screen for an extended period of time;
- use of products, equipment, systems, utilities, services, parts supplies accessories, applications, installations, repairs, external wiring or connectors not supplied or authorised by Samsung;
- repair, modification or other work carried out on the Samsung consumer product other than by Authorised Samsung Service Personnel.
- This Warranty does not cover Samsung consumer products purchased in an auction.
- If the Samsung consumer product you are using has been rented or leased by you, and you consider a claim might be made under this Warranty, you should refer the matter to the rental or leasing company immediately and they will handle the matter.
- This Warranty does not cover service costs in replacing and maintaining consumable parts which have ceased working through normal wear and tear such as, but not limited to: lamps and other parts classifiable as a consumable part.
- To the extent permitted by law, this Warranty does not cover Samsung consumer products which, at the time you consider a claim might be made under this Warranty, do not bear the original manufacturer's factory-applied serial number in its original form (for instance where it or the sticker bearing it has been removed, wiped out, rubbed off, or altered).
- This Warranty does not cover the loss of any data howsoever caused. You shall be responsible for backing up and protecting data against loss, damage or destruction. Please note that the repair of goods may result in loss of data.
New Zealand exclusion
If you purchased the Samsung consumer product in New Zealand for the purposes of a business, it is hereby agreed that the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 do not apply in accordance with section 43(2) of the Consumer Guarantees Act.
PART II PRODUCT WARRANTY PERIODS AND SPECIAL CONDITIONS
Please see here and select the "TV Warranty" section for detailed information on Samsung's preferred approach to resolving warranty claims in relation to parts and accessories.